The endowment may be funded by an outright gift or pledge to be paid over a period up to five years. The endowment amounts reflect the minimum gift or pledge required for the various types of endowments. Donors may create endowments which may be named as the they choice from the list below.
Scholarships are instrumental in attracting and retaining talented students and helping those with financial need. Students frequently remark that they would not have come to USD without their scholarship assistance.
- Mickelson Scholarship – $250,000
- Presidential Alumni Scolarship – $150,000
- Graduate Student Fellowship – $50,000
- Athletic Scholarship – $50,000
- Coyote Commitment Scholarship – $25,000
- Named Scholarship – $25,000
Earnings from the faculty endowments may be used for a variety of purposes, including faculty awards, stipends, research, travel, scholarships, graduate student stipends and programmatic support. Named chairs and professorships attracat highky qualified faculty and add prestige to the university. They help recruit talented faculty and academic leaders. Students achieve great things with such professors.
- Academic Dean – Consultation Required
- Department Head – Consultation Required Endowed Chair – $1,000,000
- Distinguished Professorship – $600,000
- Professorship – $350,000
- Faculty Excellence Award – $50,000
ACADEMIC PROGRAM ENDOWMENTS
Donors may create an endowment to support a college, division or academic department. Proceeds from the endowment may support student groups, faculty enrichment and academic programs and provide operating funds where state support is often limited.
- College / School – Consultation required
- Department / Division – Consultation required
- Program / Center / Institute – Consultation required
- Lectureship – $100,000
- Program Enrichment Fund – $25,000
BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
Named endowments may be created to support the maintenance and upkeep of campus facilities. Consultation is required to determine the amount of endowment required for these funds.