Donors who itemize their tax returns receive a federal (and state) income tax deduction for their charitable donations. For your convenience, the USD Foundation offers several ways to make your donation.
- Make checks payable to USD Foundation (note: gift designation on the memo line).
- Gifts of cash are deductible up to 50% of donor's income for federal tax purposes.
- Deduction amounts greater than 50% limit can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- Appreciated stocks are deductible at an average of high and low market values on the date ownership is transferred to USD Foundation.
- Stocks may be transferred by certificate of endorsement or through direct transfer to the Foundation brokerage account.
- IRS limits to 30% of donors' income the amount that may be deducted.
- Deduction amounts greater than 30% limit can be carried forward for an additional five years.
- Call 1-800-521-3575 for further information.
- Includes private residences, farms, rental properties, vacation homes, etc.
- Subject to environmental and marketing revue before acceptance by Foundation.
- Donors may give personal residence(s) and retain a lifetime right to live in the home.
- Subject to 30% limit for federal income tax purposes, with a five-year carryover of excess amounts.
You may contribute to a number of Foundation funds or college/school annual funds on our secure server.
Click on "Give Online Now."
You may have regular amounts automatically withdrawn from your bank account.
USD employees can choose payroll deduction as a method of direct payment.
You may give periodically over a multi-year period to support the program of your choice.